June 20, 2011

I’m going to go against tradition, here and not talk about myself in third person. (Just call me a rebel.) So here’s a little (very little) first person paragraph about me, Lou Sylvre:

I was born and brought up in Los Angeles county, California, moved north to the Pacific Northwest at age twenty. That’s been a while and I’m still here. I’ve probably stayed because, even aside from family, so many things I love are here—trees, deserts, rivers, oceans. One key ingredient is frequently missing. Sunshine! Which may be why I’m often chained to my computer desk. Which brings me back to the point. Loving Luki Vasquez is my first M/M romance—or romance of any type—to be published. My assistant likes to believe he helped me write it. His name is Boudreau, and he looks like this:

Or, when he’s trying to convince me the plot needs to take a new twist, more like this:

Finally, when he goes over to the dark side, he looks something like this:

That’s us in a nutshell. If you read this, I’d like to thank you:

The first two people to comment on this post will have an ebook version of Loving Luki Vasquez!. All others who comment, well, your name goes in the hat for the final prize.

24 Responses to “Loving Luki Vasquez—about the author… and her assistant (and another chance for a prize)”

1. I LOVE your cat, he’s so cool!

2. Lou Sylvre says:

I love him too! Although he does put that to the test, from time to time. You got the prize on this one, Elizabeth. Thanks for reading!

3. Ooohh squeeeee!

I am a believer that no home should be without a pet…hehehe

Thank you!!

4. Nikyta says:

Awww, he’s so cute! I’ve got lots of sunshine by me… I’ll send you some ;-P

5. Lou Sylvre says:

Me too, Elizabeth. What kind of pet do you have? You know, I’ve been thinking about giving Luki and Sonny a pet in their upcoming adventures. What do you think, dog or cat? I don’t they’d have something exotic…

6. Lily Sawyer says:

Hey Lou,

Well I’ve been online on and off. This is the first chance I’ve gotten to actually come on over. I have read the excerpts and I LOVE your book. And I like your partner. We have two kitties here too, but they don’t help me with my writing so I’m jealous yours does.

please put my name in the hat.

7. Well I have both, but I’m very much a dog person, so I’m going to vote dog! Besides they can haul the dog along with them on cases.

8. Nikyta says:

I totally agree with Elizabeth. I love both cats and dogs but dogs you can take anywhere and train them to do certain things cats can’t

9. Lily Sawyer says:

I like them both. I’ve had both.

10. Lou Sylvre says:

Hey, Lily! Thanks for coming by. Your name will go in the hat, but there is also one more contest to come before the final one, so if you happen to pop by again, you never know…
    It is always someone else with cats in the home. (Kinda sounds like there should be a twelve-step group for that.) Yes, Boudreau is a helper kitty, though has complained that he doesn’t get his own by-line. Thank you for the compliment on the book. There’s at least one more excerpt to come, but of course if you win the book that will be a moot point.

11. Lou Sylvre says:

Yes, I pretty much think you’re right. And the dog just sort of goes with the setting. I’m thinking Golden Retriever. What do you think?

12. Nikyta says:

Hmm, golden retrievers are good but they are also playful pups… do you like rottweilers? I had one once that had blue eyes… it was such a beautiful dog, very protective

13. I’m a fan of the big, happy mutt, or Great Dane, they’re wonderful dogs.

14. Nikyta says:

Oooh, I love Great Dane’s. They are great dogs also. German Shepherds are good ones, too, aren’t they the type of dogs police use for drug sniffing and stuff? Lol

15. Lou Sylvre says:

Hello, Nikyta! I see I have somehow gotten behind on the comment replies. Yes, the retrievers are playful, but they also like water, so I thought one might fit in at Sonny’s place. Now Rottweilers, I did have a half-Rottweiler once named Primo. At the same time I had a very old Standard Poodle that was also very deaf, whose name was Nemo. (I got him when he was already old and deaf and named Nemo.) Primo was indeed very protective of Nemo, but not so much of me. Yeah, Rottweiler is in the running, I think.

16. Lou Sylvre says:

Okay, Nikyta, I have to start by saying I think I somehow deleted the original comment about Great Danes. Maybe it was from Elizabeth. I hope I can be forgiven. Now I love Great Danes, too, however I’ve only ever known one. Other than that, I think of Marmaduke and Scooby-doo. I’m thinking a dog like either one would be a great opportunity to ruffle Luki’s internal feathers, so to speak. ☺ German Shepherds are one of my all-time faves, and talk about protective. But still friendly. If I put one in the story, though, I think it would have to be quirky, or old, or lame, or something. Or, the dog could be the very dignified one among the three of them. Hmmm…

17. Nikyta says:

Lol. It’s alright, you’re forgiven ;-P

I’ve known a few Great Danes… They are HUGE and protective but playful, too. Except the ones I’ve played with generally don’t know when to stop playing lol

I have a German Shepherd mixed with a lab and let me tell you, he does NOT know when to quit. He barks like crazy and licks you to death ROFL. I’m finding it pretty funny that a dog could be the only dignified one out of the three lol :P

18. Lou Sylvre says:

That’s the part that poses a problem, Nikyta, the Great Dane that doesn’t know when to stop. A short person like me could easily end up on the floor, although laughing, so maybe not so bad. Interesting though, thinking of that, if it were true that the Great Dane was dignified, and knocked badass Luki down on a regular basis… Okay, I may be going too far afield. I’ll calm down.

19. Nikyta says:

Lol. Please, don’t let us stop you!

20. Lou Sylvre says:

;) Thanks, Nikyta. But I’m kind of like the Great Dane, I never know when to stop, when it comes to a story line, so I always end up having to sort of corral my wandering ideas. But I am pretty well sold on the idea that they should have a dog, at some point.

21. Lou Sylvre says:

Oh, here’s the comment, I thought I lost! Yay. Well, I did go on and discuss Great Danes, but you know mutts are excellent. And a point in favor of the mutt, for Luki and Sonny, is one could be wandering along Sonny’s beach, and that’s how they find him. Again, hmmm…

22. Lou Sylvre says:

Did I ever tell you thanks for the sunshine? It actually did come out here a little bit ago. A little spooky. I do believe you got prize two on this ‘give-away.’ I’m not sure how I missed that earlier!

23. I’ve had two Great Danes, the first one Millie was an amazing dog, she was smart, knew when to play and when to stop and loved to hug.

24. Lou Sylvre says:

Hey, Elizabeth. Millie does indeed sound like a wonderful dog. And to be honest, cartoons aside, I’ve always only ever heard good things about Great Danes. I so much appreciate you “hanging out” here with me today! I’m all in, it’s been a great day. I’ll be in touch!